Old January 20th 05, 02:39 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Colin W Kingsbury" wrote:

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

btw - if you want expensive, just look at the new T-hanger rates.

How bad now? Six hundred? A thousand?

Two years ago, the least expensive hanger was $208/month. It was then

raised to
$312/month. Starting Feb '05, it'll be raised 10%. The hanger I have now

will
go from $459/month to $505/month. I'm having some difficulty justifying
that much money for a hanger.

Unfortunately in this area there's little question the market will bear it.
On a square-footage basis that's about what you pay for office space or an
apartment.

The way things are going
with Massport I might have to join the Save Our Heritage cranks just out

of
spite.

hmmmmmm

There's quite a debate going over whether Massport would actually be happy
to bleed us all off the field and build a bunch more corporate hangars. If
they don't want us around I sure as hell will have no reason to support
them. I actually got in a fight with one of those "no airlines at hanscom"
yahoos a few years ago. I lived in South Boston then and had a non-stop
parade of planes taking off over my house starting at 5:50am. I told this
lady in a sandwich board that they were just a bunch of NIMBY yuppies out to
screw people in the city and besides, it was probably people like her
husband filling those planes up and not carpenters and bricklayers from
Southie. Boy was that one fun... These "Stop the Noise" people on the other
hand are an absolute menace and need to be ruined.

-cwk.