Old January 12th 05, 09:26 PM
jsmith

I watched it several times.
What I cannot figure out is why, with all the holes to choose from, he
tried to land next to the clubhouse?
It looked like he was trying to land on the entrance drive and didn't
see the poles and wires until he was 20 feet above the road, then tried
to turn right onto what little turf there was infront of the building.

CFLav8r wrote:
We have had an unfortunate plane crash here yesterday.
I Cessna 172 developed engine problems and could not make the airport (KORL)
the plane ended up coming down just a few miles NW of the intended airport.
A chopper news 6 helicopter was on scene as the pilot tried to land the
plane on a road adjacent to a golf course. At the last moment the pilot
appears to veer away from the road to avoid rear-ending a car and instead
hits a power pole.
Passenger in critical condition, pilot did not make it.
Someone has upload the news video on alt.binaries.multimedia.aviation