Old January 13th 05, 06:43 AM
cpu

I watch the video again and again with my fellow pilot friends. We
really don't understand why they did not elect on land on the greens
(to their right) and end up running out of choice and hit the pole. We
don't think that narrow road was a feasible choice anyway. That road
is too narrow with power lines next to it.

If you watch closely, there was a person stood in one of the greens.
Probably that was why they veered left and end up hitting the pole.

Well, too sad. It could be a great text book manuaver but end up with
what not to do. January 05 Issue of Aviation Safety Magzine has one
exactly paragraph talking about the same engine out force landing
how-to.
(see
http://www.aviationsafetymagazine.co...es/7828-1.html)
If they read this article days before, they probably won't make such
fatal mistake.

Watch the crash video in
http://www.local6.com/news/4072749/detail.html

-cpu