Old February 5th 04, 01:28 PM
Andy Durbin

ISoar wrote in message . ..
I can't find anything in my books about how to make a 90 degree turn
(e.g., downwind to base) while in a full slip, but maybe that's
because it's so obvious. (Given my limited # hours, just because
something seems obvious to me doesn't mean I'm not going to check it
out.) I figure I'll turn with roll input, but can't picture the side
effects from doing that. If I know the side effects I can have a
chance of being ahead of the plane during the maneuver.

Anyway, is there going to be any adverse yaw from turning in this
mode? Even if there is, I don't think I can do anything about it,
but enquiring minds want to know. The other question is if the
attitude going to change as a side effect of the roll input. This
will be in a 2-33.

Thanks

Just roll toward the direction you want to turn. The steeper the bank
angle, the greater the turn rate. The nose will be high and outside
the turn compared with a non slipping turn.

Please do it with an instructor at altitude before you try it in the
pattern.

Andy