Old April 23rd 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying just got cheaper!!

On 22 Apr 2006 20:04:04 -0700, wrote:

But, doesn't it sound too good to be true? I mean, is it safe to only
train for under 20 hours?

Depends on the instructor. The minimum means very little: I had 60
hours before I soloed, and 109 hours before I got my certificate, for
a variety of circumstances peculiar to me.

I have no reason to believe that Sport Pilot instructors will be any
less demanding that the CFIs I encountered. You may well find yourself
putting in double the minimum number of hours.

Besides, the training is fun. No need to rush it.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email: usenet AT danford DOT net

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com