Old April 2nd 10, 08:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell[_2_]

Default Help please

In message , Mike Mackenzie
writes
The attached photo was sent to me by the curator of a local aviation
museum, requesting identification. Although it looks vaguely
familiar, I can't put a handle on it. Can anybody help?

It' looks like a standard RAF Basic Six panel, with the artificial
horizon missing and the directional gyro looking a bit sad. It's rather
small, the ASI shows lowish top speed and the altimeter seems to have
only one pointer.
Shouldn't the turn and bank indicator be at the bottom right?

So, something British, smallish and not too fast. Not a Tiger Moth, not
a Chipmunk. That's about all I can think of at the moment.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!