Old November 1st 04, 09:15 AM
Andre Volant

Village BEYNES is located about 30km W-SW of Paris, about 10km NW from
Versaille. Gliderport BEYNES is less then 1km E of that village.

BEYNES-Thiverval
Tel Aéro : 01 34 89 10 05
http://www.cab.asso.fr

They have comercial operation and clubs. You need good map and car to
find this place. Translate to french and memorize: "Excuse me, where
is village Beynes?"
Something that sounds like "Pardon madam, oo e veeye le Beynes?" :-)
As I remember phonetically "agosh"=left "adruat"=right
"tudrua"=straight
It is not easy to find this place so without GPS you need to stop and
ask people. I had a check ride there by French instructor who did not
speak English and I did not speak French.
Hey guys help out with a basic French that is needed for this
adventure!
Basic French phrazes that an american may need meeting atractive
french lady, like...
"are you alone?"=
"are you lonely?"=
"Let's have some fun!"=
"may I see you after work?"=
just in case ;-), just use your immagination and help out...
also words and phrazes handy at the gliderport.
"Let's have some fun!"=
"How much is 1000 meters tow?"=
"pull release" =
"watch your speed"=
"I got it!" =
"You got it!"= Hey, it helps to know who is flying!
"we are too far from the airport!"=
"let me have it"=
"we are too high"=
"gear down"=
"gear up"=

I hope this helps.
Please share your experience with us when you get back.
Andrew