Old February 10th 04, 12:51 PM
Mike Long

Jet Dollars will do 15 years at 4% variable, balloon at 5 years, 10%
down. Their service is good and the owner's a nice guy.

The reason for the shorter amortization term with a leaseback is that
maintenance will usually get too expensive in a leaseback environment
with an older plane. So, it makes sense at some point to trade the
existing aircraft for a new or newer one. If you have a 20 year loan
and decide to do this in 2 or 3 years, you're upside down. At 12-15
years you are in a much better position. This has been especially true
since 2001 with the economy hurting and the resale market just
beginning to rebound.

Consider carefully before doing 20 years with a leaseback - it can be
painful later.

Mike

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message ...
Calling all owners that leaseback a plane to a club or FBO or ??

I have found that financers offer different loans depending on
the who uses the plane. For a club they want 10 years or less
but for private they will finance up to 20 years. Maybe I just need
to keep looking. I don't quite undertand why they would care as
long as they get paid.

So if you are leasing a plane back what kinds of loans were you
able to get?

The 20 year loans are ideal for so many reasons.

R. Hubbell