Old January 25th 05, 04:13 PM
Ed Sullivan

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:46:25 -0600, "pwm" wrote:

My apologies to the group if this has been covered recently.

I bought a Smith Miniplane DSA-1 off eBay recently which has a 10gal aux
fuel tank in the upper wing center section which is not plumbed into the
fuel system yet. I would like some input from the RAH gallery as to how this
could be accomplished; all practical ideas would be most welcome, with
emphasis on simplicity. The fuel system in operation to feed the O-200
presently is a 12gal fuselage tank directly behind the firewall with about a
2gal header tank underneath.

Thanks,
Monty

I'm not sure why you have a header tank unless it is for inverted
flight. On my Jungster the wing tank feeds into the fuel valve as does
the fuselage tank. I can then select either the wing or fuselage tank,
but not both otherwise the wing tank could overflow the fuselage tank.
I have both upright and inverted vents on the fuselage tank and
inverted tank. On the wing tank I just use a vented cap.

Ed Sullivan