Old July 19th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Hoffman[_2_]

Default GPSNAV problems

Peter Wyld wrote:

Shouldn't you be looking for the NMEA datastream on the 6way
'telephone' socket, not the DB9 serial port?

If you have the GPS20 connected to the LNAV via this port, you can take a
tap from it to run the PDA.

I called Cambridge tech support in July 2007. Talked with someone named
Gary. He said emphatically that I should *not* use the 6-way Datacom
port and that I should use the DB9 for a PDA. He also gave me the DB9
pin#s that I should use. It did not work. However, the DB9 works just
fine for uploading/downloading files from my PC to/from the GPSNav-20.

Regards,

-Doug