Old January 31st 11, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Archer[_2_]

Default ASW20 or LS6

On Jan 30, 6:06*pm, binks wrote:
I am looking to purchase my first glider. I have been looking at the
ASW20 and the LS6. Any suggestions on which glider would be the best
all around? I have heard that the LS6 has a narrow cockpit. I am 6'2"
200 lbs. and would be wearing a parachute. Also heard that the ASW20
can be a little unforgiving to the uninitiated in the spin department.
Both seem to have very similar performance data. *All that being said
it is appearing to me it may be Ford vs Chevy

I've flown only the LS-6. I'm 6'0" 215 with fairly broad shoulders,
long torso, and loved the snug but comfortable fit. Super sweet flying
ship. All other things equal I'd probably buy a 6 over a 20 if I had
the chance, but I've not flown a 20. With a glider over 15 years old
I'd likely buy the glider with the best finish.