Old November 11th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default DIY Garmin GPS Internal Battery Replacement

Morgans wrote:
"Tri-Pacer" no wrote in message
http://home.newwavecomm.net/bobbyhes...nalbattery.htm

http://www.gpsinformation.org/forum/...pic.php?t=4701

Terry N6401F

Wow I did this to my King Skymap IIIC and it was a piece of cake compared
to the Garmin. They really bury that guy deep !!

You ought to try it on a laptop, and have to take every single board loose,
including the display.

The Garmin looks like a piece of cake, after doing that, recently.

I just took my certified KLN-89B to the shop to have the battery
replaced. $200.00. But, I got about 9 years out of the battery. The
owners manual says to replace every 3 to 5 years. The GPS gave me a low
battery warning. After I did that I didn't realize the GPS had to be set
up again. Not only did I loose flight plans (no big deal), I lost
several set up functions that had to be redone. Took less than an hour
to do after reading the manual.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP