Old February 14th 04, 01:32 AM
Stewart Kissel

Hey JJ-

Did u check with KS about this?, IIRC those ships
that don't have a class supported(like you in Open),
get a priority. Gotta check my email archives, but
is that not how his Duo/DG is flying?

At 01:24 14 February 2004, Jj Sinclair wrote:
Stew is baiting me, with..

Ahh come on JJ, you can't leave us hanging. The days
are still short and your buddies from across the pond
don't seem to want to talk with you about spin training
anymore. Why waste a good thread for the spring when
we will all be out flying?

Oh very well. My son and I really wanted to fly Parowan
in our ASH-25. We're
seeded at 92, should be no problem getting in, right?
Not only NO, but Hell NO.
They dreamed up something called *Reverse seeding*.
What is that for, you ask?
It is to allow new guys to be assured of an entry in
sports class. Parowan
didn't offer Open class, so we were forced to enter
Sports.
First off, everybody in region 9 automatically gets
in, no questions asked and
no seeding required. I don't have a big problem with
this, it is their region,
after all (mark down 28) Then they *Reverse seed* everybody
else in sports
class, 100-92 and we end up with a new seeding of 8.
Seven more guys from
OUTSIDE the region get in and we end up 59th on a list
that stops at 50, due to
limited parking space.
Now this I don't agree with! Everybody in the region
is automatically entered,
so the reverse seeding is to allow new guys from OUTSIDE
region 9 to go to the
head of the class. It took me 20 years to make it to
the front side of the
score sheet and now it is being used against me. I
would make it in if I had my
first seeding of 50 (circa 1975) The only way I can
get in is to switch classes
to Standard, but my partner can't fly his 100K toy.
This Sucks,
JJ Sinclair