Old May 19th 05, 04:35 AM
BTIZ

before the Instrument rating was mandatory for CFI...
IIRC... a CFI without an instrument rating could not take his student more
than 50nm from home..
made it sort of difficult to instruct cross country

BT

"Bill Zaleski" wrote in message
An new airplane CFI must hold an instrument rating. FAR 61.183 (c)
(2)

On 18 May 2005 19:12:31 -0700, wrote:

I need some opinions on this possible scenario

Here is my situation....

I have a full time day job making good money, which I am not wanting to
leaving. I am a private pilot with 143.8 total hours (94.1 PIC) and I
am wanting to teach the PPSEL rating as a CFI for additional income.

My thinking is I would not have enough time or funds to maintain IFR
currency and have no desire to teach the IFR rating. I also have no
desire of making flying my sole employement or income resources (wife,
baby, mortgage, etc.)

So based on that I am thinking about skipping the IR rating and going
straight to the commerical and then CFI.

I know this probably isn't that common, but is there anything wrong
with my thinking or going this route? Would I be looked upon
differently if I decided to go this route?

All opinions welcome

Thanks