Old December 25th 03, 03:22 PM
olj

I've flown the Genesis 2, but I prefer my Mosquito for handling
characteristics. Not to mention the 50 percent price difference.
The Genesis does have better cruise performance, but the
handling in thermalling is not as good.

Add the Mosquito to your list. It won't compete with the 15 meter
class, but that's why we have a sports class.

In article XVtGb.13616$7D3.1148@fed1read02, "Ted Wagner"
wrote:
I've heard the Genesis has a rather narrow speed band between stall and

best L/D and the polar falls off rather quickly after that..

I haven't been able to locate a polar for the Genesis 2 on the 'Net, but
looking at http://www.nwinternet.com/~blanikam/...is2-glider.htm, there
seems to be a respectable difference between the stall speed (36 knots at
5.6 lbs/sq ft loading) and best L/D (43:1, 56 knots, 6 lbs/sq ft loading).
Is that reasonable?

-ted