Old November 7th 05, 04:53 PM
Dale

Default Bird strike(s)

In article rVHbf.520936$x96.436058@attbi_s72,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Anyone ever hit a bird?

Took a seagull in the upper left corner of the windshief on a Cessna
150. Very loud noise, no damage.

Flew the 182 right through a flock of geese. No solid impact but felt
the yoke "pulse". Blood and feathers at the top of both wing struts,
big blood streak across top of stab and elevator. No damage.

Took what I think was a grouse to the nose turret on the B-24. Big
thump and some "stuff" flew by my window. No damage, just had to scrape
feathers and "stuff" off the turret.

I saw a hole that was punched in the leading edge of the stab of a 737
by a duck.

I use my landing light inflight (supposed to help with birds) and keep a
sharp eye out for them taking evasive action if needed.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html