Old August 21st 03, 05:19 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"Air Adventure" is right. What were you doing flying an aircraft that had
an obvious engine/prop problem? This should be looked at by a competent
mechanic before flying again.

Three MAJOR issues:

1) Prop feathering - it is out of your control.
2) Engine stalling
3) What seems like very high oil temperature after landing.

You could have a real major problem there and by flying you could very well
be compounding it. What if there is an oil blockage? There could be parts
of the engine not getting oil and damage occurring to those parts (this
could account for the high oil temp).

Hey, I'm no A&P but this machine is crying out for help.

"AIR ADVENTURE82" wrote in message
Today I was flying my Twin Comanche PA30 everything was great until after
landing. Once I had the wheels on the ground I pulled the power back to

idle,
about three seconds or so after I pulled the power back the prop feathered

and
the engine shut down. I let the engine cool down for about 30 min then

started
the engine right up. Everything was running great. So I took off and

flew
around for a while then came back to land, this time after I landed I

put
the power back up to 1500 rpm, the oil temp was right below redline the

oil
was at 50psi then the prop feathered and the engine shut down again. This

also
happened to me yesterday. Every time I land the prop feathers and the

engine
shuts down . Everythings always great until after landing. I only have

40
hours on the engine. Could anyone please help me out? Has this ever

happened
to anyone before? Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be thanks

for
everyone's help.