Old September 18th 03, 04:21 AM
John Penta

Default Basic Stupid Newbie Questions...

[Note by author: This post edited before post to keep on-topic.
Editing very basic. Apologies if some stuff doesn't make sense....)

Hiya. I'm a newbie here. Please don't hurt me.:-)

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone here could help me with a tiny set
of questions I've had for a long, long time. Basic stuff, but never
found the answers for.

OK, to explain. In the rest of my life, I help run a small PBEM
with a modern-day geopolitical theme. So, I keep having a need for
some pretty esoteric data. Like this.

Namely, I need the following. Since I'm on my last ropes, I figured
I'd ask here. I've looked through Google Groups and looked for
websites on Google and Yahoo. Nogo.:-(

I Combat Systems Costs

I need costs (per unit, "sticker price" if you will) for the following
combat systems (in current USD). Before you ask: I've looked on
Google. I've looked on Yahoo. I've been looking for the past 3 years.
Most stuff I can make up (for rifles, radios, etc)...However, for
bigger ticket items, I have no frame of reference.

So...in a BIG list (so as to keep from spamming looking multiple
times...)

Kfir C2
Kfir C7
Mirage III
Mirage V
Mirage 2000
F16C (Let's say block 52, for argument's sake)
F/A 18
F/B 22
F/A 35
F15C
F15E
MiG-29
MiG-31
MiG-35(?)
AH-64D
AH-1
Mi-24
Ka-50
Su-27
Rafale
Eurofighter
Phalcon
A-50 Mainstay
E-3
E-2C

II Unit sizes

OK, this sounds really stupid. But, y'know, I've looked. NOBODY I
know (30 different people thusfar have looked) can find it. Again,
looked at Google, etc.

I need the most BASIC info....Unit sizes.

I'll detail what I need he

How many A/C (and how many people) per Flight? Per Squadron (and
how many flights per Sqn), Wing (how many people per wing? A/C per
wing? Sqns per wing?) and...up.

3. Foreign equivalents

If you know, please. The same data for non-US forces (Commonwealth
countries, FSU-trained, or anybody else) would be very, very
appreciated.
-----

OK, please don't flame me for asking such newbie questions. I feel
unworthy even for asking them.

But...Thanks in Advance.