Old January 28th 10, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
jkochko68

Default QF-14

On Jan 26, 11:40*pm, "theref" wrote:
"bob urz" wrote in message

Why did not the US turn the F14 into QF14 drones rather than just cut them
up? How many F14's are left in the bone yard?

I see there are plans for QF-16's when the F4 supply runs low.

bob

In 1969, we shot Sparrows at QF-9s (Panther)at Pt. Mugu from F-4B and Js
(Phantoms) as well as Sidewinders from F-8s. *Later they used F-14s to shoot
Phoenix missiles at QF-4s-as well as Sparrows and Sidewinders. *Now I see
all 3 of them at the Museum of Flight in Seattle. *The beat goes on. *No
aircraft looked more menacing than an F-4.

Yeah and it probably has a huge RCS for a fighter. :-) I imagine the
return you would get from the
section where the swept wing and airframe meet is huge.