Old November 6th 03, 07:46 PM
FryGuy

My question goes directly to wether the flight is a CFR 14 violation.

You do not need the inspection for the trip. Only if a flight
instructor, associated with the FBO who operates the bird is aboard
giving flight instruction is it required. You could even use a CFI
from outside the FBO and legally train without the inspection. You
are not operating this for hire. The fact that the FBO rents to you
does not alter the way you are operating the flight.

If his friend pays for half the gas and only fryguy flies, he got
compensted for his pilot activity. That is where the line is and I
believe that is what the question is about.

We will both be flying. The other pilot will be flying up there and I'll
be flying the return trip. We will be splitting the costs though.