Old June 18th 09, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Flight simulator

Dudley Henriques wrote:
On Jun 17, 12:10 pm, Ross wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
On Jun 16, 2:55 pm, haribole wrote:
Hello
Would appreciate any recommendations for a realistic PC based flight
simulator that can be used to learn the principles of flying.
Any experience on using a PC based flight simulator to enhance the
learning experience would be welcome.
Thanks
Hari
There are several desktop sims you could use. As a flight instructor
and an advisor for Microsoft I naturally prefer MSFS. I use their
FS2004 version.
I will also note that I recommend the use of the sim only before
starting actual flight training and after solo; before as a
familiarization tool, and after solo as a procedures aid.
I don't recommend the use of the sim at all during the pre solo period
as it is paramount during this period that control pressures used
flying the actual aircraft in use as a trainer be learned.
Other than this, the sim can be an interesting and useful tool for
learning and entertainment.
Dudley Henriques
MVP Microsoft Flight Simulator 2006-2007
CFI Retired

Hey, Dubley, most know that I have had to sell my airplane and stop PIC
due to medical. It MSFS something that would keep ones interest if I
purchased the control wheel, rudder peddles, etc? I had an instrument
rating and still marvel at the design of these procedures and what can
be accomplished. Now, I am not sure that I want to go as far as Jay did
with Kiwi.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Absolutely! What has been developed for the sim is wonderful and
accurate. Some add on aircraft are real beyond belief. I'm flying an
F86 Sabre right now in FS2004 that is real enough that I could
actually use it as a tool to help check out a pilot in the aircraft.
Take a look at this Sabre if you like.
http://www.sectionf8.com/

I believe there are add on Cessna 182's that the group might know
about that are excellent as well.
BY all means use the sim. It's a great program.
Sorry to hear about your medical. You and I share this together as I
am no longer flying for the same reason.
Best to you,
Dudley Henriques

Thanks, I might have to try that for the fun of it. I promise I will not
become a MXer.....

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP