Old July 7th 13, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default FLARM-V7-Oudie setup

I fly with this setup, and it seems to work well: FLARM Brick -- LXNAV V7 -- Oudie
I also added a FlarmView display. During alerts, it's the flarmview that gets my visual attention. I am new to the arrangement, but I am not sure I would want to fly without a dedicated Flarm display. Its also much better at displaying traffic that is not a threat. Easier to see than the Oudie trails. Its the first thing I glance at when checking (electronically) for traffic. It also has a loud alarm and bright display.

Matt

BTW, thank you for getting Flarm.

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:01:27 AM UTC-10, dbrunone wrote:
Besides mechanical instruments and radio, right now my glider's setup

is:

LXNAV Nano -- LXNAV V7 -- Oudie

I'm wondering if I switch it to:

FLARM Brick -- LXNAV V7 -- Oudie

Does anyone fly with this setup?? I don't have panel room for a

dedicated FLARM display...the V7 and Oudie can display FLARM data, is

that as useful as the dedicated display? In terms of GPS functionality,

would I lose anything going to the FLARM over the Nano? Thanks for any

info

--

dbrunone