Old February 7th 08, 11:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.military, rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval, us.military.army
Jack Linthicum

Default "V-22 squadron achieves successin Iraq, USMC says"

On Feb 6, 7:52 pm, "Dean A. Markley" wrote:
Jack Linthicum wrote:
On Feb 6, 3:50 pm, Kerryn Offord wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Vince wrote:
SNIP
If you are flying toilet paper and VIPs from protected base to
protected base you can make all kinds of claims about "taking it to
war" and "getting the job done".
But the claims are crap since toilet paper and VIP transport were not
the rationale for this extremely expensive truck
Vince
Well what would you call a Ch-46 or Ch-47? Neither are expected to be
"AIRWOLF" or "Blue Thunder." Yes, it's truck. A pricey truck. But a
better truck in the long run.
It's not a better "truck" for the job of delivering toilet paper (VIPs
might enjoy the faster ride etc) which is all it seems to be doing
currently.

It's payload per trip is less than that of other similar sized/ powered
helicopters.. And really, to deliver stores, speed isn't overly important.

And for range.. If the only way to get supplies to a base is via the
V-22.. They're in trouble...

As for CH-47s and CH-46s.. Sure they aren't expected to be "AIRWOLF" or
"BLUE THUNDER".. But there have been real reported cases of them being
involved in hot landings and evacuations... We await what happens "when"
the V-22 is used in similar circumstances...

You know one of those last remaining al Qaeda in Anbar types is
stoking up the game to get just one V-22.

Wow Jack, did you not get laid recently or what? People here have
presented some pretty good evidence that the V-22 is working and that it
has been tested thoroughly. But you just keep sniping away! Your last
statement there is uncalled for. It really sounds like you are rooting
for terrorists to kill American soldiers.

Dean

I presume then that if Richard Clarke had gotten Condi Rice and John
Ashcroft to pay attention to the threat that became 911 you would have
decided he was just "rooting for terrorists to kill American(s)". It's
called "early warning" as in "wake up, stupid, we are flying large
targets into an area filled with people who don't like us:".