Old May 28th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default Bothering a Pilot on Final

Eventually you learn to ignore or deal with distractions like that.
I'll always remember a Young Eagle I gave a ride to in a J-3. I
always asked if they wanted the "door" open or close...this young lad
wanted it closed. That's fine, we take off, do the circuit, and I'm
30 seconds from touchdown. He must have been thinking the whole time
about his decision because he chose then to yell "OK, you can open the
door!" Not wishing to disappoint I reached over and flopped it
down. That way he could brag to his friends how he flew in a plane
with the door open.

Another time I gave a Dad and his two sons a ride in a C-182, with the
older son sitting in front. A 182 with full flaps on landing can
point down at a good angle, and I guess it scared the kid because on
final he started yelling "we're going to crash! we're going to crash!"
I started looking around to see why...didn't occur to me later the
nose-down attitude was the only reason.
--
The world is divided into people who think they are right.
~ Unknown