Old July 21st 03, 05:38 AM
Larry Fransson

In article ,
"Chris" wrote:

I recently took a student pilot flying with me. He only has about 20 hours I
was wondering if it's legal to let him take the controls being I'm only a
private pilot.

Anybody can take the controls regardless of their level of certification
or yours. The people you rent from (if you rent) or your insurance
company (if you don't) might have something to say about it, though.

If so is there any possible way he could log this flight time
we do together.

You can log anything you want. Whether or not it's worth anything is
another matter entirely.

For instance, I recently spent about three hours in a 767 simulator.
The guy running it was a maintenance instructor. I had my non-pilot
wife and a private pilot friend in the right seat at various times.
Could I log the time? Sure. Would it be worth anything to anyone?
Probably not.

--
Larry Fransson
Aviation software for Mac OS X!