Old January 21st 05, 12:27 AM
Cockpit Colin

The same could be said of the fatal Aryton Senna accident (for you Formula
One fans). OK, he was going substantially faster and hit a concrete wall,
but I don't think anyone was expecting anything bad at all - I still
remember watching the accident on TV - bummer he hit the wall, I guess

he's
outa the race, that wasn't too bad, he'll just hop out once he's undone

his
steering wheel, any minute now, anytime now, soon, gees I hope he's OK. I
think the conscensus afterwards was that his front-right wheel sheered off
and impacted his helmet (please correct me if I'm wrong). I guess

sometimes
you get lucky, and sometimes you get unlucky.

F1 is a religion to me - I'm a MS Fan (who incidentally was behind Aryton
at the time).

I'm reminded of a motorist who wears a crash helmet whilst driving -
everyone thinks it's "over the top" - interesting that his occupation is
Neurosurgeon - the guy who gets to deal with all the head trauma from the
MVA.

I've read somewhere of a plan (by some manufacturer) to put an airbag in an
aircraft - don't know any more details.