Old December 31st 15, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Confessions of a Flarm Follower

.... the safety benefits we all bought the tool for.

Hah, you're just being diplomatic with that one UH.

Does anyone really doubt that the hard core Flarm pushers have been using "safety" as a cover? I think most of the Flarm advocates have never really cared about collision avoidance as the PRIMARY function of Flarm. "Safety" is mostly just a bludgeon to be used against the debate opposition.

My belief is that tactics to gain advantage through Flarm and to deny competitors information, or perhaps even to broadcast misinformation, will severely degrade the safety function of Flarm far more than any "stealth/competition" mode does.