Old July 13th 04, 06:12 AM
COUGARNFW

Ron...

I thought I could help you but when I read that hangar tale about "being told I
have the last issue by....nonsense, I gave up.

But the pictures, the pictures make all the difference.

You have what are known as gear tooth drive discs and matching wheels.

"Gear tooth drive discs are retained by cantilever clips which are a part of
the wheel.

While I take a look at more data, Goodyear wheel and brake became part of
Loral, and then Loral sold it to a company who intended to stay in the business
making the stuff. I have their name, too. But they could care less about you.
They decided on the big wheels are for making money and so stopped anything to
do with the little ones.

I met the lady sales manager several years at the mandated for mechs FAA
meeting where the vendors would put on slide shows and pay for the displays.
She said she would sell all the remaining pucks for our brakes (Cessna 140) at
a cut rate cost. The next meeting....I said what? No, and later the cost was
outrageous. She did impart some useful info. When forced to change from
asbestos based pucks, the next model pucks were terrible. The third generation
were good. Sigh.

I have an old Spruce catalog page which notes the Gear Tooth Drive Disc for the
Bellanca 260, Cessna 172, 175, 180, 182, 210 and Skylane.

The image is 1/6th of a page but all the part numbers are readable and the
parts are listed for the brakes.

The wheels, of course, are not brakes, and I have no info on them.

What, specifically, did you need?

Any further answers will necessitate you telling me how to upload pix as you
did. You have my email address if that is easier.

Has this helped?

Neal