Old July 9th 06, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation,uk.transport.air,rec.aviation.products
Guy Alcala

Default Concorde - join the campaign

Keith Willshaw wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:35:03 +0100, Clive
wrote:

From your post then we should all stop flying 747's. How many people has
the 747 killed?

Never been in a 747 never had any intention of going in a 747 don't
want to go in a 747 and the only way anyone will get me in that
monstrosity that Airbus have built will be to put me in a coffin with
the lid screwed down .
Time we got back to the days of the BAC 1-11 .

You yearn for an aircraft which wuld not meet modern safety
standards. Of the 244 airframes built 32 were lost in accidents.

The design was susceptible to deep stall from which recovery
was impossible and the twin tail mounted engines mean that
an uncontained engine failure will not only probably knock
out the other engine but also damage the flight controls.

Now Keith, you should know that making rational arguments is a waste of time
with someone who suffers from irrational fears.

Guy