Old September 25th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
neil@avon=tech=solutions.co.nz

Default Soaring in China

Mitch wrote:

I'm based in Shanghai, have been here a couple of years, and as far as
I know, there's just one place in China where u can go gliding. I never
been there, it's about 3/400kms from Beijing but I cant find the link
of the website at the moment.

I've had an email from the Aero Sports Federation of China who state
that there is Soaring at the Datong Aero Sports School. Datong is in
Shanxi Province and is about 260km W of Beijing. I have a contact phone
number but I'm told they don't speak much English. I'm hoping to get
an email and/or web address.

Having way too much time on my hands I used Google Earth (and
maps.google.com) to find pictures of gliders at an airfield ( 40°
2'22"N 113°23'30"E). http://tinyurl.com/gkmtx

There is another airfield about 8km east of this which might be Datong
airport (DAT)?

There are regular trains from Beijing to Datong.

--
Neil