Old December 8th 15, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Online Training Ground Training

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 12:21:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Any recommended resource for online training for passing the Glider Pilot test? Is a book just as good?

Joel

http://www.webexams.com/welcome/index#

These exams are not 100% current. But free is good.

The dauntless commercial software is the most time efficient way to sharpen up for FAA knowledge tests, and their source material is pretty current.

The material in the books that these guys sell

http://gliderpilotsgroundschool.com/

is quite good, but the books themselves are (annoyingly) difficult reading because they are printed at microfiche size. If they can be convinced to print their books in a more normal format, I would recommend without reservation.

I took 3 FAA KTs this year, so pretty current here.

-Evan Ludeman