Old June 15th 05, 02:47 PM
jmk

John_F wrote:
You really NEED to have a skin map done by someone that has the
equipment, The cost was less than $100. I was amazed at the amount
of noise that was at various locations I had considered for antenna
mounting.

In theory, every authorized installer is supposed to have the mapping
equipment. In practice, some installers are much more "serious" about
doing a good job than others. It *is* critical if you want it to
perform without false alarms - and it should be done with the aircraft
hooked up to a power supply and everything on (strobes, xpndr, even
keying the transmitter a couple of times).

The final check is important (no, not the one that pays for the
installation G), but try it in flight visually (compared to a real
TRW). More than one idiot has managed to hook the thing up so that it
shows left-right or fore-aft reversed.

It's a good unit, and I think you will be very happy with it.