Old August 10th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Oshkosh '07 - The Numbers

You still go to the airshow? I got burned out on the airshow itself several
years ago because so many of the acts are essentially clones, and I've seen
'em a dozen times anyway.

We try to watch the airshow at least one day while we're at either SNF
or OSH. This year (and always) I truly enjoyed the guy that flies the
stock Stearman (now THERE is a pilot), and I always enjoy the "Crazy
Cub" that loses an aileron (really!) in flight, yet somehow continues
doing aerobatics.

I've long since grown weary of the high-powered-tumbling acts. I'll
watch a guy in a Cub, or a classic biplane, or even a hang-glider with
more interest...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA