Old September 2nd 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum[_2_]

Default Cobra trailer parts

Last time I measured--a while ago, the smallest floor jack (on wheels) from
NAPA auto parts would have fit but for machining one bushing. Simple job but
I didn't have a lathe then,.

I was going to take it back for a refund, but I decided to keep the jack. It
was about the same price as the replacement part anyway. I would have saved
a few bucks, and the shipping.

--
Hartley Falbaum
"noel.wade" wrote in message
Not to hijack your thread Jacek, but I was just about to post
regarding my Cobra trailer... The fuselage-ramp scissor-jacks just
failed (stripped thread, then the bearing failed under the resulting
load). I've seen some older postings about these jacks but does
anyone have an up-to-date source for small scissor jacks that would
fit? Most retail-store jacks are too big, and I'm willing to bet that
if I go direct to Cobra or one of the glider mfgrs/dealers that it'll
cost me a bundle.

Thanks,

--Noel