Old July 3rd 16, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 10:44:11 AM UTC-4, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance program service life. About a year ago the current type certificate holder, S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A., announced it intended to submit a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) to EASA - with follow-on submission to the FAA. We are no longer able to reach S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A. by phone - and they do not respond to emails. Can anyone shed any light on the status of the SLEP or offer any contact information for S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A.? We enjoy this ship and would like to return it to service.

As I understand it is an STC and costs 530 euros every 2 years, i was interested in a I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark but not after getting a copy, heck they can and likely will change the price every year or 2, not something i want to buy into. Some have been flying the whole time in the experimental category. With an inexpensive exemption from the EAA you can give flight instruction and be fine in a club setting. We have an experimental glider in our fleet. You can give flight instruction and rent an experimental with the EAA exemption. here is a link to explain. http://www.avweb.com/news/homeblts/182021-1.html