Old August 29th 20, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Another E glider concept

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 08:37:47 -0600, BobW wrote:

With luck, maybe we'll get to see how Mr. Otto's project fares in its
targeted flying niche.

Its obvious that as you make small commuter aircraft more efficient and
drive down the operating cost per hour and their small size may reduce
landing fees, but their small passenger capacity ramps up the cost of
flight crew as a fraction of ticket price in comparison with conventioinal
short-haul airliners, i.e. A320s etc.

So, I wonder how these two factors affect seat prices and hence airline
operating costs. Did Eclipse Aviation's Eclipse 500 ever get off the
ground?

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org