Old January 29th 04, 02:09 AM
Cecil E. Chapman

The first time my stepson flew with me he had just turned 5 years old.
Basically, we kept it simple and just flew a couple of circuits in the
pattern. I have some pictures of him on this flight at www.bayareapilot.com
and on some other flights he went with me.

He was a little nervous on the first take-off but then just settled in to
looking outside and talking about how the houses looked so small from 'up
here'. By the fourth or 5th circuit (he just kept asking for 'one more
time' and then he just fell asleep).

Important (I think) tip. Besides the practical aspect of providing a seat
cushion so they can see, it is also useful to helping prevent airsickness in
kids since they can see the horizon.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a friend who really wants me to take he & his two boys up- they
are 3 & 5. I am worried about them "freaking out"- especially the
little one. They have never flown before (commercially or otherwise).

Of course they need to be in back of the 172, which would make it
difficult for my friend to reassure them, etc.

I'm especially concerned about the younger one for the obvious reason
that 3 is pretty young. To the folks that have a lot of experience
taking up little kids- what are the rough odds that he'll be just fine
vs. having a cow? I need to decide if I should suggest that this isn't
a great idea or not. TIA.