Old January 29th 04, 03:14 AM
Philip Sondericker

in article , Cecil E.
Chapman at wrote on 1/28/04 6:09 PM:

The first time my stepson flew with me he had just turned 5 years old.
Basically, we kept it simple and just flew a couple of circuits in the
pattern. I have some pictures of him on this flight at
www.bayareapilot.com
and on some other flights he went with me.

He was a little nervous on the first take-off but then just settled in to
looking outside and talking about how the houses looked so small from 'up
here'. By the fourth or 5th circuit (he just kept asking for 'one more
time' and then he just fell asleep).

Important (I think) tip. Besides the practical aspect of providing a seat
cushion so they can see, it is also useful to helping prevent airsickness in
kids since they can see the horizon.

Speaking of airsickness, one thing you mentioned brings up an interesting
point: I can't recall how many times I've seen people post about kids
falling asleep during a plane ride. It makes me wonder if it isn't a child's
natural defense against motion sickness.