Old October 7th 05, 08:53 AM
Nick Lappos

CTR is right, use the flight manuals where possible, as I did. CTR is a
tilt rotor advocate (CTR stands for Civil Tilt Rotor) and he works for Bell.

His coments on my presentation are fundamentally wrong, he fails to mention
that the V22 also uses aux tanks for the plot I present, as well. The weight
of the tanks is subtracted from both aircraft, the payloads are correct as
published.

The charts are backed up by the published data for each model, I will
provide the source data to anyone who emails me.

As shown in the presentation at the below web site, a tilt rotor carries
half the payload, has no range advantage over a helicopter, and has much
less transport efficiency (speed times payload) at any range..

http://webpages.charter.net/nlappos/...comparison.pdf

Nick

"CTR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nishant,

If you intend to use data you have collected over the internet to
support your Mechanical Engineering Final Year Syllabus, I recommend
that you stick to published data from sources like SAE, NASA or AHS.
Referencing data, opinions or conclusions from individuals personal web
sites is not a good idea.

Do your own research of from reputable data sources and then draw your
own conclusions.

Good luck,

CTR