Old October 7th 05, 10:59 PM
NickL

CTR, your confusion abounds:

1) The range chart I show is based on a hover at takeoff, unlike the
rolling airport takeoff that you would like to claim. A mission from a
ship at your takeoff weight would qualify the V22 as a submarine, BTW.
My charts show flight manual mission capability, not your marketing
hype. Stick to the facts, stop selling.

2) Learn your aircraft before you waste our time, the V22 must be
fitted with its aux wing tip tank to make the range I depict, at a loss
of payload, just like the aux tanks used in the max range for the helo.
Nobody but you (in your confusion) said external.

3) As a Test Pilot for 27 years, Fellow of the AHS, Member of the SETP
and Distinguished Alum of Georgia Tech, Aerospace Engineering, I sign
my posts with my name, and stand behind the data as accurate. You post
marketing web sites, anonymously, so where is your credibility?

My point, proven = A tilt rotor carries half the payload to the same
range, and has much less transport efficiency than a helicopter.

Nick Lappos