Old May 21st 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Jonker JS1 Winning US 18m Nationals?

Hig Greg,

Good point. But I think there were 2 JS-1s in the most recent South African
Nationals. Still the results are very impressive.

Paul Remde

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message

Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

If I'm reading the online result correctly, it looks like Bill Elliott is
ahead in the US 18m Nationals - flying the Jonker JS-1 Revelation. It is
a very close race though and the contest is not over. But it is cool to
see the underdog (the JS-1) doing well in Bill Elliott's very capable
hands!

I am not sure the JS-1 is the underdog, but Elliott certainly is doing
very well. It appears that the contest will be won by either him or DJ.

If Elliott does win, the JS-1 will have won all 3 of the National
Championships it has entered (twice in South Africa and once in the US).
One wonders whether any other glider has ever had such a record when only
a single example of the glider was entered in each contest.