Old December 28th 11, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default XCSoar or LK8000?

I've had a couple of flights using XCSoar on a Mio but the season
essentially over and I don't have much of an opinion yet. I've since
upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy Player running Android and connected via
Bluetooth to the CAI-302 and have spent quite a few hours playing with the
SIM mode and planning for my first 1,000K attempt next summer. I'm quite
impressed with how XCSoar works!

Now I'm looking at LK8000 and like the look of the displays so I think I'll
download, install, and play with it just to see how it works.

Has anyone here used both? What are your opinions? Who knows - I may try
running both simultaneously and comparing the results.

The runway at Moriarty, NM has been plowed but the taxiways are still choked
with snow and ice... Three more months...