Old July 18th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Default German registered glider maintenance: help with LBA doc needed

Here some more info from DG (in German): http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/camo-d.html

Markus

On Jul 18, 10:59 am, "Ludovic Launer" ludovic.launer(at) free.fr
wrote:
Could any owner of a german registered glider shed a light on this subject:
As a private owner, and sole operator of a self launcher (DG-808), I'm a bit
confused as to what should be done concerning the:

Application, Declaration and Approval of a Standardized Maintenance
Programme (SIHP) in accordance with Regulation (EC) 2042/2003, Part M,
M.A.302

The document can be found on the LBA website :http://www.lba.de/cln_010/nn_308444/.../Formulare/T5/...

Or somewhere here in German:http://www.lba.de/cln_010/nn_67048/D...Formulare__Gen...

I'd just like to make sure I'll still be allowed to carry out the annual
inspections, and then have them checked / certified by our local LBA
inspector. In other words, make sure things will stay as they are, and I
won't have to have the inspections carried out at a certified LBA workshop.

I phoned my local "prufer" who said I shouldn't be doing anything at all,
things haven't changed....yet.
I got in touch with other German registered glider owners who said they
filled out the form and sent it back to the LBA

If there's such a form, why shouldn't it be used ? Should I, or should I not
fill it out and post it ?
It's very confusing having two different answers

Does anyone have more information on that ?
Have you sent the form ?
What have your LBA inspectors told you ?

Thanks for your help,
Ludovic