Old July 14th 04, 06:57 PM
Airdale @ NC.rr.com

On 14 Jul 2004 13:15:59 GMT, (Pechs1) proclaimed:

It was a one for one trade, some USAF guy to the USN. Difference was I went to
a RTU, training squadron, flew in the trunk mostly where my USAF counterpart
was in a F-4 squadron, fleet type.

I'll have to piggy back here if that's OK.

While in the Navy in the 50s we had an USAF exchange pilot in VF-33
while aboard the Forrestal. We were flying FJ-3M which is the Navy
version of the F-86. One brilliant day in the North Atlantic our USAF
pilot had the misfortune of receiving a dead cat shot on the starboard
forward. He quickly applied full brakes while opening the canopy but
failed to retard the throttle. Plop , right off the bow. Hard port
turn by the Skipper to keep the screws off him.

A HUP flying plane guard snagged him from the sea and he promptly
requested a return to his squadron while disembarking the chopper. He
did scheduling the rest of the cruise.