Old September 30th 17, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Libelle spoilers

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 11:39:26 -0700, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 2:06:01 PM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie
wrote:

DU?

Please, Herr Gregorie, I hardly know you.

Hi Bob,

I've just back from a club expedition to Eden Soaring, where I had fun
ridge running with my Libelle on the Pennines around Cross Fell. We had
three good days despite the prevailing S - SSE wind and the inevitable
messy result of many sheep camping overnight on the airfield.

However, I don't remember mentioning DU (could it have been a mis-
spelling?) in connection with a Libelle and all earlier posts in this
thread have now been eaten by the Chronophage so I can't see the context.

My brakes are currently as silky smooth as they've ever been, largely
thanks to judicious application of a medium viscosity machine oil to the
airbrake bearings in the wing root.

But seriously, I was wondering that myself. The last time I heard of DU
in the context of materials, it was the _depleted uranium_ used for 30mm
cannon shells of the A10 Warthog and the mass balances in early Boeing
jetliners.

Same here, though I didn't know about the Boeing mass balances, and lets
not even mention the rectangular lumps of iron in the nose of a Slingsby
Vega.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK