Old December 11th 03, 02:18 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On 10 Dec 2003 08:09:42 -0800, (hlongworth) wrote:

Ron Rosenfeld wrote in message . ..
On 9 Dec 2003 12:28:37 -0800,
(hlongworth) wrote:

(the Tanis heater came with the old engine could not be reused)

I'm surprised at that.

My Tanis system consists of a heated oil screen (I can't recall if it's the
pressure or suction screen), and heated intake bolts (one per cylinder).
And I've had no problem moving it when I had an overhaul/exchange engine.

Ron,
We had no ideas how old it was. Our A&P tried to remove it but the
components fell apart. Not sure whether it was still in working
condition in the first place (we bought our Cardinal last Spring).

They have sold various types of heating elements over the years. I wonder
what you had and why it fell apart. Mine's about 18 years old, and on it's
third engine.