Old December 7th 18, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default schweizer135 canopy

On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 10:00:05 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
need complete canopy with frame, frame only, or plexiglass only.

Morris,

When my 1-35 needed a canopy, I could not find one. Nor, could I find someone to make one.

So, George Applebay, now soaring the thermals in heaven, took a modern glider's canopy and cut it to size. Though the profile was not perfectly Schweizer, it was close enough to where only we 1-35 pilots MIGHT notice.

The FAA Registry lists numerous 1-35 gliders that are no longer registered for one reason or another. This might be a source.

Finally, the 1-35 forum is still available. It could have information that would guide you in some kind of a direction.

http://members.goldengate.net/~tmren.../sgs135new.htm

Raul Boerner