Old December 11th 18, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default It's winter ....

On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 12:06:26 AM UTC-5, AS wrote:
.... and contrary to some other recent video suggestions, this one is actually soaring related! :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrnis7-hvJE

Uli
'AS

In 1969 I had an interesting experience flying my HP 11a RNN
in Banff making a film . Holding a 16mm movie camera in the cockpit and flying
a ridge, is something I would not do now. But flying out of the Banff strip
was exciting and the scenery spectacular. With Bernie Palfreeman in his Diamant, I flew down the Bow river valley to an airstrip beside the
highway.
The photographer failed to complete the film and went bankrupt.
I think the CBC acquired the film and it was showed.
Maybe someone can track it down.

John Firth no longer a bold pilot!