Old December 12th 18, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default It's winter ....

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:52:25 -0800, Bruce Friesen wrote:

On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 9:06:26 PM UTC-8, AS wrote:
.... and contrary to some other recent video suggestions, this one is
actually soaring related! :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrnis7-hvJE

Uli 'AS'

V-Tails Rule!

The National Film Board has done some good work. The reflections in the
pond are classic NFB.

Agreed - I always thought "180 is Max" was great -and gives a pretty
good idea of what a top level free flight competition is like despite the
low resolution of the copy on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG9fljQGK5Yod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF3Gxft_biQ

.... but I think its a copy of a copy. IIRC the first time I saw it the
images were quite sharp, but this copy is still good enough for me to
recognise old friends.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org