Old December 12th 18, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default It's winter ....

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 06:23:18 -0800, Mike C wrote:

F5J Electric RC

Interesting - don't know anything about F5J, but have watched F5B and F5F
models flown. F5B are about the most scary models I've been close to.

F5J is interesting and, now I've found and read them, a most interesting
set of rules. Thanks for posting about it.

I am/was primarily a free flight guy. Competed at all levels in F1A (FAI
towline gliders) plus 1/2A (small power models - 0.8cc/.049 cu.in. glo
motors) and F1J (FAI small power models - 1.0cc glo motors).

The F5J idea of penalising climb heights is especially interesting,
particularly as in the F1 classes we're having problems with model
performance exceeding the space available inside flying fields and with
no acceptable ways of limiting performance suggested so far.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org